Is Jesus just Osiris with a new face? In Episode 19 I look at the sceptical argument claiming that Christianity was really just a collection of beliefs borrowed from pagan religions, and that Jesus was just a re-hash of one or many other Messiah or god-man figures. As there would be no way to deal with all of these other religions in one episode, I’ve chosen to use the example of the ancient Egyptian deity Osiris. In short, the sceptical argument is not particularly well supported by the facts.
- Episode 042: The Minimal Facts Approach to the Resurrection
- Episode 039: Divine Command Ethics
- The Gospel of Jesus’ Wife?
- Is there no evidence that Jesus even existed? Part 1
- Episode 016: The Liberal Theocracy
- Have Yourself a Very Pagan Christmas! (not)