- (Premise) Our embodiment is universally seen as funny.
- (Premise, justified inductively by 1) Our embodiment is objectively funny.
- (Premise) The essence of the funny is incongruity.
- (Premise) If materialism is true, there is no incongruity in our embodiment.
- (Premise) If materialism is false, then dualism is true.
- There is incongruity in our embodiment. (2 and 3)
- Materialism is false. (4 and 6)
- Dualism is true. (5 and 7)
My reply: Don’t ever do that again, or anything like it.
- The Argument from Consciousness and the Kalam: An interesting parallel
- Consciousness Cuts Both Ways
- Nuts and Bolts 003: Analytic and Synthetic Truth
- Dualism and Gender Identity
- “It’s only the religious who make threats….”
- What's in the next podcast series: